Sorry I don't have the names of most who quoted these, it wasn't available. Except Eleanor Roosevelt, one of my mentors, of course. Thats her in her younger days above. Its one of my drawings.
1. No one can ever make you feel inferior without your consent...Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want...Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Sometimes what you want isn't always what you get, but in the end, what you got is so much better than what you wanted.
4. In order to avoid criticism do nothing.
5. The best memories are the ones you can't explain (you just had to be there)
6. Never forget what they did to you, but never let them know you remember.
7. Blessed be they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
8. I don't know what the key to success is but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.
9. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval...Mark Twain
10. Go and do what you want be who you are....cause when you die they're not going to carve anything into your gravestones about your sensible jobs.
11. My greatest sin has always been that I have a wonderful time being myself.
12. You just have to learn to forget about the people that forgot about you.
13. Trust being yourself..being who you are is a successful rebellion.
14. Courage is what it takes to stand and speak up...courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
15.The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
16. You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something...Winston Churchell
17. Strength is nothing more than how well you hide your pain.
18. If ignorance is bliss, I'd rather be unhappy.
19. Don't put your friends on the back burner.
And last but not least something on a piece of white carboard I cut out and wrote these words. I've carried it with me from place to place wherever I've lived in the last 7 years, and put it on my refrigerator. Its gotten so worn that the pink marker I wrote it with is fading so I can hardly read it. I don't know who wrote it but its gotten me through many troubled and difficult times.
20. Courage is not the abscence of fear....its doing what it takes, despite one's fears.