Monday, March 19, 2007

Photos of old House's and car in my town...


Another hobby of mine is taking photographs with my Samsung (non digital) Maxima Zoom 70 GL camera. I've had it for about 5 years and I love it...it's got a zoom lense and all kinds of deals. I've taken hundreds of photos but not having a digital camera and having to scan them and such on my pc is too time consuming...but I thought I'd share a few with you. These are of homes around the area where I live. I take walks and take these photos. Most of these homes were originaly built in 1925-1930. They have been updated obviously but still have many of the original
vintage styles and framework,etc.. I talked with the people who live in these homes as I asked if I could take photos of their houses,etc...as they come out and think I'm an FBI agent or "investigator" or something...he he..that's the way people are aound here..very "suspicious" and "clickish".....but if you be as nice as can be to them they will open up a bit...;)....It was interesting to hear the history of their homes that they all shared with me.
One couple have lived in their home since it was first originally built way back when. They spoke of "The good old days way back when". The grey and white trim house with the Gazebo type white fence entrance I call "The Gingerbread house". The owner came out when she saw me looking at it and me with my camera. At first she's like "what are you doing"?..so I just told her I'm an Artist and like to take photos of old "funky and beautiful homes"...so then she shared with me when her husband and her moved in 10 years ago and how he did all this work on it...added on and built the things all around the front of the house. Then I asked her if I could take a photo of her posing in front of her house. At first she said "oh no way forget it"!...but we talked a bit more then I said "nice meeting you have a nice day" and she went to walk back in her house but then came back out and said "Okay I'll pose if I can have my dog posing with me"...I said "sure whatever you want"...and you'll see the shot of her and her dog below.
I also got a photo of this really cool old car. I love old funky cars from the 50's and early to mid 60's. There are a few really funky old cars in great condition around here. Too bad all this is in the old "ghetto" part of town which is the old part of town where I live! One house will be horrible, unkempt and torn up and be a crack house and two houses down will be a beautiful home that a nice family is always taking the time to keep up and proud of...but things get much worse here as time goes on...too many people with meth amphetamine drug addictions have been destroying this town...I had no clue when I first moved here about 6 years ago...you can't get away from it, but I found myself having to keep moving (expensive) in order to be "Safe" but I finally gave up on that and now know how to "watch my back" to survive on my own here. I do a pretty good job of it also....got to look confident and hold your head high when out in "the trenches"!.....but I am so ready to leave and move out of this town now...I've just got to find a way soon and hope the angels will help me in this endeavor very soon. Hope you enjoy the photos...don't forget to scroll down to see more!
Blessings,
Rhi

No comments: