Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Secret Beauty...another poem of mine from the past....




*This poem is dedicated to my blog friend Lydia who I know can relate to this short little poem I wrote 5 years ago..

Secret Beauty

There's a part of me

that will always need this place
this space of quiet
and peace in between....
attuned to Nature
of Secret Beauty
Space in time...
to release all my troubles
and my cares
to the universe....
for a while
the burden I carried
has now been lifted....
at least for now....

By Rhiannon.......August 2005

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I was excited to come read a new/old poem and was SO surprised to see the dedication to me! You are really a special blog friend, Rhi, and you do understand me very well. It is a wonderful poem with a title that I find enchanting in relation to the poem.

Also, wanted you to know that I saw the "Fearless" tribute to Margaret Moth at your sidebar, and the same day saw another tribute to her at a photography blog. I had never heard of her, and I thought that since women I admire were paying tribute to her I'd darned well better read about her. So I did. And I thank you for introducing me to a marvelous creature (seems a fitting word for her) and her art.

Commander Zaius said...

My place to get away from human civilization is the north end of Huntington Beach State park. Even in the middle of summer that beach is almost deserted and you can not hear any sound produced by people.

Close your eyes and its easy to imagine you are the only person on the beach.