Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn is finally here!


I am so happy that Autumn has finally arrived in my town and county. The cool weather hit us just about two days ago....out of the blue...just like that! Wham! Hot temperatures just the other day, then the cool winds came ( in the right direction to blow out all of the smoke out of the air from the fires) and the day temperatures dropped down 30 degrees! The night temperatures dropped down 20 degrees. We had a frost warning last night! Another frost warning tonite also. The rains came, the beautiful clouds and "FINALLY" leaves started blowing off the trees. The fall colors are not quite here yet, but I can smell "Autumn" in the air! Got out my winter clothes and coats to wash and am packing up my summer clothes. Not enough room in my one bedroom small apartment to have winter and summer clothes available at the same time. As I fold and pack my summer clothes up, it gives me a sense of "closure" and joy, as I look forward to a new time and a changing season in my life.

I truely consider this a miracle, for this has been an incredibly hot summer and it just seemed to last forever and go on and on...with no rain, hot sun every single day...hot nights. I'm very sensitive to the sun and have to be very careful with my health problem. So not only is my spirit and soul happy that Autumn is here, but so is my body!

Autumn is my favorite time of year....the colors are just so beautiful and the leaves fall from the trees passing on and into a new realm of "rebirth", which slowly starts through the winter and then "Springs eternal" with new leaves and new blooms in the Spring. Spring is my second favorite time of the year, of course...:o)...or maybe I like Autumn and Spring equally, not quite sure....either way...neither could survive without the other, when you think about it...

HAPPY AUTUMN EVERYONE!

7 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

Living in the tropics, I can only get excited for you to greet autumn that has arrived.

I can feel the joy you are feeling with the coming cool weather and the colorful displays the trees and landscape will be boasting soon.

It is like living in a Technicolor dreamland.

Have a wonderful season!

Kylita said...

I told you I was going to blow some coolness your way ;oD!! Now I need to get more film for my camera as the colors are starting. All photos I posted were from past autumns...I do love to watch the changes, preferably gradually. While I was on here Lizzie, the virtual kitty, was sleeping, then she stretched and yawned and meowed at me and I told her to go back to sleep ;oD. I sure have had writer's block on my blog. Sit there staring and the thoughts just don't come. I hope I can write soon. I am going to the funeral home tomorrow after work. Went yesterday after work also as Ruth, his wife, invited me to come when the family was going to say their goodbyes to Billy's body before it was cremated. It was so sad. There were over 20 family members there, all of which I used to be in-laws with! wow! The big bear hugs were healing for me, and I know I helped them also.
But, Happy Autumn to you, Barbara, and enjoy your coolness. I've got my flannel sheets back on the bed and a plushy extra blanket. Cuddly!
Love to you xo, SisSTAR Rhi xo

Unknown said...

Good Morning, Rhiannon! Living in Phoenix, it is still hot, but now that those 3 months of triple-digits temps are fading off, we feel relieved too!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!!!!!!:D)

goatman said...

Even though I am dreading winter and the long nights into long days of cold and sparse I fancy the fall as you do as most can fail not to do.

We need a poem of rain and fall leaves drooping with color and falling to become the fodder for next year. I'm on it .....

Commander Zaius said...

Autumn for me brings a certain easing of the pace of life. That is until the Christmas season starts and then I can't wait till the last of January when that dies down.

Lydia said...

It's my favorite time of year, too, hands down! I have been feeling so much more like myself lately, full of beautiful energy and purpose. Even with the specter of my husband's job possibly on the state chopping block (good God, no) I'm able to remain positive. I love autumn and I loved this post.

Unknown said...

What a nice way to look at Autumn...with rebirth, regeneration and renewal. Very positive! :)