Saturday, August 06, 2005

Serendipity....

I just watched the movie "Serendipity" with John Cusak (of course one of my favorites actors) and there was a bit in the movie when "Jonathon" and his friend are talking on the plane and his friend is telling Jonathon how proud he is of him for believing in and trying to "make his dream come true" and his friend shares with Jonathon the words of an ancient philosopher, who said "If you want to improve be content to be thought foolish and stupid". I agree this is what having courage sometimes is all about, not going along "with the crowd" or what you think everyone thinks you "should" do but what you believe in your soul is the "right thing" to do for yourself...its not easy for some will make fun of you and tell you not to be yourself and laugh at you sometimes when you are....but thats the beauty of it..and the courage of it....if you do it anyway you are a "Phoenix rising above the ashes" flying high above all the "bull". I never got to see this movie the whole way through so now I'm glad I finally decided too! Look what I might have missed!

No comments: